Services, the largest component of the world's economy, have significant impact on shaping economic and social relations between organizations and human beings. For many decades, services sector has been cyclically evolving and changing, which has lately accelerated particularly due to the strong influence of emerging technologies. Certain solutions became a thing of the past, some started to transform faster, while others emerged disturbingly, revolutionizing current state of art. The ways and modes services enable humans and technologies to interact and cocreate value have also started to take new, innovative and fascinating forms. Over the past years, global services market got centralized and technologically reshaped influencing lives of us all. Offshoring (global sourcing), enabled by cloud computing, made multiple transnational companies take advantage of migrating some operational processes to different locations (‘nearshore’ or ‘farshore’).
- Agostinelli, S., Marrella, A., & Mecella, M. (2019). Research Challenges for Intelligent Robotic Process Automation. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. 12-18. Berlin: Springer. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-37453-2_2
- Airola, E., & Rasi, P. (2020). Domestication of a robotic medication-dispensing service among older people in Finnish Lapland. Human Technology, 16(2), 117–138. Retrieved from https://ht.csr-pub.eu/index.php/ht/article/view/4 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17011/ht/urn.202008245639
- Chakraborti, T., Isahagian, V., Khalaf, R., Khazaeni, Y., Muthusamy, V., Rizk, Y., & Unuvar, M. (2020). From Robotic Process Automation to Intelligent Process Automation: Emerging Trends. In Business Process Management: Blockchain and Robotic Process Automation Forum. 215–228. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-58779-6_15 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-58779-6_15
- Ford, M. (2015). Rise of the robots: Technology and the threat of a jobless future. New York, USA: Basic Books.
- Forrester. (2022). The Forrester Wave™: Robotic Process Automation Services, Q2 2022. Retrieved July 24, 2022, from https://www.forrester.com/report/the-forrester-wave-tm-robotic-process-automation-services-q2-2022/RES177473?ref_search=0_1658761940561
- Gerber, A., Derckx, P., Döppner, D. A., & Schoder, D. (2020). Conceptualization of the Human-Machine Symbiosis – A Literature Review. Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 289-298. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24251/HICSS.2020.036
- Ivanov, S. (2017). Robonomics – Principles, Benefits, Challenges, Solutions. Yearbook of Varna University of Management, 10, 283-293.
- Kedziora, D., & Kiviranta, H. M. (2018). Digital Business Value Creation with Robotic Process Automation (rpa) in Northern and Central Europe. Management, 13(2). 161-174. https://doi.org/10.26493/1854-4231.13.161-174 DOI: https://doi.org/10.26493/1854-4231.13.161-174
- Kedziora, D., Leivonen, A., Piotrowicz, W., & Öörni, A. (2021). Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Implementation Drivers: Evidence of Selected Nordic Companies. Issues in Information Systems, 22(2). 21-40. https://doi.org/10.48009/2_iis_2021_21-40 DOI: https://doi.org/10.48009/2_iis_2021_21-40
- Kedziora, D., & Penttinen, E. (2020). Governance models for robotic process automation: The case of Nordea Bank. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases. 11(1). 20-29. https://doi.org/10.1177/2043886920937022 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/2043886920937022
- Kedziora D., & Smolander K. (2022) Responding to Healthcare Emergency Outbreak of COVID-19 Pandemic with Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Proceedings of the 55th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS). 6207-6216 DOI: https://doi.org/10.24251/HICSS.2022.752
- Modliński, A., Kedziora, D., Jiménez Ramírez, A., & del-Río-Ortega, A. (2022). Rolling Back to Manual Work: An Exploratory Research on Robotic Process Re-Manualization. In: , et al. Business Process Management: Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation, and Central and Eastern Europe Forum. BPM 2022. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 459. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-16168-1_10 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-16168-1_10
- Piotrowicz, W., & Kedziora, D. (2018). Outsourcing of Information Technology and Business Processes in Poland: Motivations and Environmental Factors. Managing Global Transitions: International Research Journal, 16(4), pp. 307–333. https://doi.org/10.26493/1854-6935.16_4 DOI: https://doi.org/10.26493/1854-6935.16.307-333
- Yao, X., Zhou, J., Zhang, J., & Boër, C. R. (2017). From intelligent manufacturing to smart manufacturing for industry 4.0 driven by next generation artificial intelligence and further on. In 5th International Conference on Enterprise Systems (ES). 311-318, doi: 10.1109/ES.2017.58. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ES.2017.58